A destination wedding is the ultimate fantasy – imagine getting married on a beautiful beach with the sea breezes in your hair and your closest friends and family around you. The idea is becoming more and more popular these days, as travel has become more affordable, families are more spread out and brides and grooms are looking to go beyond tradition.
While day dreaming about our perfect nuptials, we like to look to the stars for inspiration. For celebrities and the rich and famous, there are many options out there for truly luxurious destination wedding locations. Even though you might be planning a wedding with an entirely different budget, it’s fun to think about these lavish affairs and imagine what they would be like.
The Most Expensive Destination Wedding Venues Around the World
Google co-founder Larry Page married his sweetheart Stanford PhD candidate Lucy Southworth on a private island owned by Sir Richard Branson. “Necker Island”, located in the British Virgin Islands, can actually be reserved for $47,000 per day (with a five day minimum stay) and you can choose from an informal beach wedding or a formal ceremony in the luxurious main lounge. There are also many other islands that are offering private fees for pricey ceremonies, including Turtle Island in Fiji.
Another impressive luxury wedding venue is the Taj Arabia in the glittering metropolis of Dubai. This is a reproduction of the famous Taj Mahal, yet it is four times bigger than the original. It is thought to be the most expensive wedding destination in the world, so it is not for couples who are on a tight budget.
Tips for Planning Your Destination Wedding
If you are planning a destination wedding, here are some tips that will help you to make sure everything works out smoothly:
- Take your time and choose the right location. Think about how far it is away from your guests, the climate, the time of year, the activities available, the food and the overall feeling.
- Make sure you figure out what the weather will be like at your destination during the time of year. You don’t want to book a wedding during monsoon season!
- Make at least one trip to your destination in advance so that you can see it first hand and plan out the wedding.
- Don’t forget to do your research into the legal local marriage requirements, so that you know what paperwork you need to fill out and what restrictions there are.
- Get help! Planning a destination wedding can be a lot of work, so it is worth it to get the help of a professional wedding planner.
Let One Heart Wedding Help
When you are planning your destination wedding, let One Heart Wedding help you to plan all of the little details. They are experts in destination weddings and they can help you with all of your planning needs. The experienced team has produced over 14,000 weddings every year in beautiful locations all over the world including Hawaii, Bali and Guam. They are considered the best wedding planner Hong Kong, so trust them to make sure that your destination wedding goes perfectly.